Our client, a major chemical company, is seeking a Change Communications Specialist to work a 1-year contract in Red Deer or Calgary, AB
The role will be responsible for understanding the geographical differences and communications needs of shift and non-wired employees within the operations environment and building the frameworks and content required to enhance employee engagement and help employees through the change curve at the regional level.
- Partners with Change Specialist, to develop and execute against a communications plan to support the change efforts to drive Safe & High Performing Operations with a focus on driving behaviour change within safety performance and continuous improvement efforts.
- Collaborates with the broader Corporate Communications team members to ensure brand and messaging alignment while representing the specific needs and challenges of employees within the operations environment (including shift and other non-wired employees).
- Develops strong relationships with site leadership and regional communications staff for successful execution of integrated internal communications strategy.
- Collaborates with Communications Services on the development of creative materials.
- Drives continuous improvement of manufacturing internal communications.
- University graduate with 5+ years related experience and continued professional development or 10+ years combination of post-secondary education and related experience and continued professional development.
- Ability to understand vision and strategy at the company and business level.
- Ability to drive innovative internal communication strategies that engage employees across multiple platforms (intranet, video, digital monitors and newsletters, events, presentations, etc.).
- Experience with email communications and measurement systems, intranet platforms, content management systems, and other technologies designed to support internal communication strategies.
- Experience working with senior leadership and executives to provide communication counsel and act as trusted resource.
- Ability to work with confidential materials and build trust among key stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.