Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil & Gas clients to find a CGS Structural Engineer for a four-month assignment in St. John's, Newfoundland.
This is a multi-year position with an end date of December 2022.
- Assist the CGS Construction Manager by reviewing and approving structural deliverables related to CGS construction throughout the various project phases.
- Support the CGS Construction Manager as required, to coordinate with project stakeholders to ensure successful project execution.
- Support the CGS Construction Manager through coordinating with a major project Contractors as required on CGS construction scopes and interface with other offshore systems.
- Assist in providing liaison between a major project Contractors and Argentia Management Authority (AMA).
- Actively participate in construction reviews to meet the construction schedule and look for cost efficiency.
- Take a leadership role in innovative solutions for project development and lessons learned.
- Provide assistance where necessary in the provision of information for the EA submission to DOECC.
- Prepare and contribute to presentation materials to illustrate and communicate work progress and results.
- Liaise closely with Project Planner/Estimator.
- Bachelor’s Degree Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Member in good standing, or eligible for registration with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
- Minimum 10 years of experience participating in structural engineering and heavy civil construction projects for the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the engineering and construction of concrete gravity substructures for offshore platforms.
- Experience in design and fabrication of steel structures.
- Experience working with large Engineering and Construction Contractors.
- Demonstrable knowledge of fixed and floating offshore oil & gas, including operations, and familiar with all aspects of multi disciplined projects involving engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning requirements.
- Strong understanding of the interaction of project drivers, specifically technical, economical, schedule and commercial.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work closely with teams of engineering staff and contractors as well as with others outside the formal organization.
- Knowledge of offshore industry standards and procedures for structural design of offshore platforms.
This position is responsible for supporting project scopes related to the structural engineering and construction of a major project’s Concrete Gravity Structure (CGS). This position is responsible for coordinating with the CGS Engineering Contractor, the CGS Construction Contractor, and a major project team in support of CGS construction scopes throughout all Phases of the CGS Project. In this position you will provide support to the CGS Construction Manager in managing the structural aspects of CGS design and the execution of the CGS construction.