Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Upstream clients to seek a CFT Project Engineer to work in Houston, TX for a 4-month contract position.
The Call For Tender (CFT) Project Engineer reports to the CFT Lead and will support the development of the Call For Tender Package to be developed which will address a scope related to the Fabrication, Transportation, and Installation of the Mozambique LNG offshore infrastructure.
· The Contract has an approximate value of circa 1 Bn USD. The scope of the infrastructure to be fabricated and installed under the contract can be summarized as; export pipelines (gas, 22in rigid pipelines), Service lines (MEG, 8in and 6in rigid pipelines), rigid jumpers, flexible jumpers, manifolds (and piles), umbilicals, PLETs / ILTs structures (and foundations), sleepers, mattresses, flying leads, and flexible pipe jumpers.
· The CFT Project Engineer will be part of a small team compiling the Call For Tender documentation and will work alongside a dedicated Contracts Engineer.
· Major elements of the work will be tracking the CFT documentation progress, coordination with existing EPCI Team members who will be involved in the delivery of discrete elements of the CFT and ensure that the CFT documentation is coherent and complete.
- Support the EPCI Team in the development of the CFT documentation.
- Prepare discrete technical elements of CFT documentation as directed.
- Identify gaps in available documentation and assist in the preparation of bridging documentation within the CFT documentation.
- Track CFT documentation progress and coordinate day to day with other CFT Team / EPCI Team members to achieve CFT documentation delivery on schedule (including setup of regular coordination meetings).
- Bring to the earliest attention to CFT Lead issues which present a significant threat to the development of the CFT documentation and in addition offer mitigating measures / work plans.
- Attend and contribute to CFT documentation development meetings.
- Compile a list of the lessons learned in phase 1 of the project and ensure incorporation into the CFT documentation.
· Safe and on-time development of the CFT documentation package
· Ensure compliance with Company Technical, Quality, and HSE requirements within all work activities.
Context and environment
- Mozambique LNG is a subsea (1,400m) to shore dry gas field development located in the the northern part of Mozambique close to the Tanzania border.
· The subsea field will be developed via 18 subsea wells (7in Vertical Subsea Trees), seven four slot production manifolds with associated foundations, one MEG manifold, three 22in trunk lines (approximately 120km total length), one 6in and one 8in MEG lines (approximately 40km length each), eighteen 10in in-field flowlines (825 Alloy clad) with associated, two 4in in-field MEG lines, associated ILTs and FLETs for all pipelines and flowlines 25 control modules for trees and manifolds, four subsea routers, four onshore umbilicals, two main tie-back umbilicals (approximately 80km total length), five in-field umbilicals, twelve UTA assemblies, one hundred and eighty nine electro hydraulic flying leads, forty eight 10in flexible jumpers, rigid jumpers and spools (16in and 22in).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the management of large-scale EPCI contracts with offshore pipeline / SURF type work scopes and proven team leadership / management skill set.
- Extensive experience in technical aspects of offshore installation scopes (EPCI and T&I contracts type).
- Previous experience in the execution of subsea engineering and installation projects (either contractor or client).
· Minimum of 10 years relevant track record in pipeline / SURF installation and pre-commissioning activities.
- Ability to get along well with others in an international / multi-cultural environment and take a pragmatic approach to problem-solving situations.
- Fluid communicator capable to represent the project in front of third parties and other stakeholders in a professional and organized manner.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent is required with civil or mechanical engineering specialism preferred.