Our major client is seeking a Night Production Facility Operator to work within their facilities located in Weatherford, OK for a 12-month assignment.
The E&P Ops Production Operator is responsible for surveillance and overall upkeep of oil and gas lease sites. Under general supervision, this position prepares, maintains, and submits daily reports and records of daily gas and/or liquid volume, well pressure and volume of chemicals used, etc. assuring wells are up and running. Develops and applies an understanding of lease issues.
· Perform operational checks of assigned wells, equipment and plant facilities
· Record run time, fuel usage and operating parameters into systems if SCADA is unavailable
· Conduct production tests and perform minor repairs
· Identify producing well alarms and work with automation to adjust alarms as necessary
· Monitor progress of minor subsurface well maintenance limited to non-BOPE jobs (i.e. swab, slickline, plunger maintenance, hot oil/water, regulatory, routine testing, batch/chemical/scale jobs, long stroke/respace, cap string inspection, fluid levels, dynamometer).
· Collaborate with Engineer, Optimization Operator & DSC/PA concerning wells and lease activities
· General lease site upkeep (fences, signs, weeds, trash)
· Communicates corrective maintenance needs to Planner Scheduler
· Ensure accuracy of run tickets as required
· Represent the company in delivery/receipt of materials and equipment
· Maintain regulatory, environmental, and safety compliance in conjunction with and through close coordination with the Operations Engineers, Superintendents, Foremen, and Environmental Health and Safety Department
· Secure and maintain all Company equipment, including but not limited to computers, vehicles, and analysis or test equipment
· Possess the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected
· Provide field wide contact with all personnel in the event of emergency or other significant occurrences
· Maintain positive relationship with Local, state/province, and Federal representatives and surface owners
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of industry related experience
- Oil and Gas Industry Experience Preferred
- Practice safe work habits at all times
- Strong commitment to safety and environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work within a team environment
- Creative individual, capable of analyzing and solving mechanical problems
- Must be able to safely and effectively wear Self Contained Breathing equipment and work in an H2S environment*H2S and Safeland (or RigPass)
- Driving records check will be required in addition to standard background check requirements.
Work Schedule: 8 days on/ 6 days off (10-hours per day)