FGP CCC-BN Engineer (contractor)
This position is in the TCO One Automation organization and will work under the direction of FGP Automation Lead 3GP. The team is responsible for supporting FGP’s on-site Automation, Control and Power systems completions and commissioning teams. The team is responsible to verify and prove the selection, design, construction, installation and integration of Control system components. TCO One Automation team actively participates in testing and preparation of systems for perfect start up followed by stable operation. This position is located in Tengiz, a remote closed camp environment with dormitory style living quarters.
The FGP Process Automation System (PAS) comprises of three main control discipline areas: Process Control System (PCS), Safety Instrumented System (SIS) and Fire and Gas System (FGS). Automation components of each of the above systems are fully integrated via dedicated fault tolerant networks.
As the part of PCS Bently Nevada Condition Monitoring solution (BN) and Compressor Control Corporation solution (CCC) are used for continuous monitoring of critical rotating equipment parameters such as vibration, temperature, speed and performance.
Scope of work:
- Adhere to all TCO health and safety policies including COVID requirements
- Be team player, willing to go beyond strict job title to solve problems
- Look for problems to solve and not wait for problems to come to you
- Act as SME for CCC and BN related questions
- Experience in CCC and BN hardware and software and user interface
- Perform code review of CCC and BN site application changes against approved design documents
- Develop / modify display graphics (HMI) as required
- Review and comment FAT & SAT Procedures for Accuracy and Testing Adequateness
- Witness SAT & functional testing of CCC and BN against approved SAT procedures.
- Oversee vendor performing system configuration of CCC and BN
- Ensure that project design documents are comply to Chevron & TCO standards and best practices
- Provide guidance if need to correct configuration and application logic changes at site.
- Review project documentation and develop in-depth knowledge of project requirements
- Assist in the input to and participate in PSSR walkdowns and meetings
- Assist Process team during facility start up
- Investigate process up-sets and CCC and BN failures. Propose solutions to mitigate and avoid potential future failures. Implement best practices to increase equipment reliability
- Regularly analyze and track CCC and BN spare parts inventory
- Bachelor's degree of Engineering. (Preferably related to Automation and control systems)
- Relevant work experience - not less than 5 years.
- Must have basic understanding of oil field and/or plant processes.
- High level expertise in CCC and BN control solutions including System1 and TrainView software.
- Familiar with different communication protocols and network architectures from end devices to CCC, BN and PCS systems.
- Understanding of Safety Instrumented System and Process Automation system design.
- Minimum Level B2 (Upper intermediate) English language required.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office Programs is required.
Additional selection criteria:
Candidate would ideally possess all or some of the following:
- CCC/BN certificates
- L3 Process Control System Application Knowledge: Plant State Suite, OSI-PI
- Working Knowledge of Networking and Networking Principals