Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Automation Engineer to work in their facilities located in Calgary, Canada on a 12-month contract likely to extended.
- Design, develop and sustain Automation, Control and Operational Technology (ACOT) solutions to support Operations, Engineering and other business groups.
- Develop projects to improve safety, reliability and costs using Control System and/or OT solutions
- Implement and optimize process control schemes using regulatory PID and where required, model based control algorithms.
- Direct and coordinate ACOT team resources.
- Support management of change processes
- Provide engineering support to Maintenance I&C technicians for RTU/PLC issues and 1st level field changes
- Provide 2nd level changes to RTU/PLCs, SCADA, OSI PI Historian, OSI PI AF and Visualization systems
- Support and/or coordinate well pad project design input, oversight, FAT and integration with existing infrastructure and applications
- Oversee, support and lead Capital Projects, MOCs, documentation, design, procedures and standards
- Provide technical and Project oversight of engineering and development by Integrators and Vendors
- Support Automation, Process Control and OT future state planning and development
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Electrical, Process Control, Instrumentation) or relevant degree/diploma
- Registered Professional Engineer in Alberta or British Columbia required
- 5 - 10 years of relevant upstream oil & gas engineering experience supporting operational facilities
- 10 + years of experience with the design, development and support of automation solutions using RTUs, PLCs, Safety Systems, SCADA Telecommunications, SCADA, Data Historians and Real-time analytical and visualization systems
- Programming such as SQL, VB/VBA, C/C++, Control languages including Ladder Logic and Function Block
- Knowledge of Process Control System design, tuning and optimization; Alarm management programs per ISAS18.2; Safety Systems and Functional Safety programs per IEC61511
- Prefer experience with SCADA Pack RTUs and Allen Bradley PLCs. SCADA such as Wonderware, Clear SCADA and SCADAVantage. OSI PI historian and AF Analytics. Real-time Visualization tools such as OSI Vision, Siemens XHQ, Honeywell Operational Insight
- Knowledge of I&C systems engineering design and development including Cause/Effect Matrix, Shutdown Keys, Narratives and System Function Design Basis as well as QA/QC and Factory Acceptance Testing
- Demonstrated commitment to behavioral based safety programs and ensuring incident and injury free working conditions
- Project management development including business cases, management presentations and project approvals. Project Engineering and Project Management including team leadership, scope, schedule and cost control.
- Strong written/verbal and presentation skills and team/inter-team work skills
- Objective and structured thinker with strong aptitude towards developing processes and support systems
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada