Airswift has been tasked by one of our O&G clients to seek a Senior Tax Analyst to join them on a 2-month contract in Calgary, AB.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day aspects of international tax planning, compliance, and audits. The Senior Tax Analyst is an important role that is responsible for ensuring the continued compliance with tax legislation along with providing strategic tax guidance for the business operations.
- Lead the preparation of all international tax compliance, including surplus, FAPI, Safe Income and Upstream loan calculations.
- Responsible for the coordination of international tax audits.
- Assist with the Company’s financing structure and provide strategic advice on evolving international taxation.
- Assist in tax planning initiatives.
- Aid with domestic tax matters.
- Mentor Tax Analysts.
- Monitor changes in tax legislation and determine their impact on the Company.
- Liaise with various internal teams on tax issues as required.
- Manage relationships with tax authorities and external advisers.
- A minimum of 10 years of Canadian corporate income tax experience.
- International tax experience.
- Professional accounting designation and completion of the CICA In-Depth.
- Strong computer skills.