Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Category Advisor – IT to work a 6-month contract in Calgary, AB.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the portfolios of IT Hardware and Telecommunications. The candidate will be working in our downtown Calgary office three days per week and remotely two days per week.
- Responsible for end-to-end Category Management of the IT Hardware and Telecommunications portfolios.
- Execute on annual and long-term strategic planning and budgeting to secure supply of goods and services and manage the associated price and supply risks.
- Review, interpret, and analyze legal and commercial contract terms and conditions in legal documents including master agreements, schedules, statements of work, pricing, confidentiality agreements or other documentation as required. These agreements will include but not be limited to software, hardware, services, hosted/cloud solutions, subscriptions and professional services.
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives including RFx activities, development of negotiation strategies and recommendations to award.
- Lead commercial negotiations with vendors ensuring goods and services are contracted in an efficient, effective manner bringing maximum value to the organization.
- Interface with IT leadership team, subject matter experts and external vendors on contract management related tasks.
- Provide administrative tasks required to manage contracts in the portfolio.
- Conduct other related duties as required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary Business, Supply Chain or related degree
- 5-7 years experience, ideally in an IT portfolio
- Strong negotiation skills required
- Experience leading and managing RFx activities