The Cargo Ballast Operator is responsible for the field operation, data collection and/or monitoring of cargo, ballast, gauging, mooring, ship to ship, lifesaving, firefighting, environment protection and security or other systems effectively and safely by following relevant procedures at all times and in accordance with O+M department safe systems of work in all instances.
In particular the Cargo Ballast Operator will execute LNG and Condensate loading, storage and offloading activities in conjunction with ballasting and deballasting as per approved loading, offloading and ballasting/deballasting plan and instructions given by Cargo Ballast Officer and/or Marine Supervisor.
The Cargo Ballast Operator, in addition, help with routine and breakdown maintenance by performing isolations, equipment preparation and reinstatement of plant and equipment as well as manage work being carried out in their area of responsibility on the FLNG unit.
The role requires hands on Operational Experience (i.e. 1+ years) on offshore / maritime operational facilities, preferably FLNG / LNG / LPG Production Facility or Vessel. The role requires the person to be a team player but is also able to work independently to achieve project deliverables.
Minimum Experience: 12 months sea service on a MOU as a Cargo Ballast Operator or equivalent service.
Experience should include hands on Unit Operational Experience on offshore operational facilities, preferably FLNG / LNG Production Facility, including but not limited to:
- Experience of Offshore Process Unit facilities
- Experience with LNG, LPG and Condensate storage systems
- Experience with LNG STS Off-loading arms highly desirable
- Experience with Condensate Tandem offloading highly desirable
- Strong HSE background in an Operational environment
- Good working knowledge of PTW systems
- Good working knowledge of LOTO systems
- Experience in ballasting and de-ballasting activities
- Experience with STS mooring operations
- Experience with Quick Release hooks highly desirable
- Experience with crane operations
- Experience with bunkering operations
- Experience with helicopter operations
- Experience with Lifesaving equipment operation
- Experience with Firefighting equipment operation
- Experience with Security equipment operation
- Experience with Environmental equipment operation
- Experience in emergency response
Training and Competencies
- Basic Training (STCW VI/1 or OPITO)
- Security Awareness Training (STCW VI/6-1)
- Crew with designated security duties (STCW VI/6-2)
- Oil, chemical and gas basic training (STCW V/1-1 PAR.2)
- Medical first aid (STCW VI/4-1 or equivalent)
- Advanced firefighting (STCW VI/3 or equivalent) highly desirable
- Proficiency in survival crafts and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats (STCW VI/2-1)
- Proficiency in fast rescue boats (VI/2-2) highly desirable
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET)
- Helicopter Deck Assistant (HAD)
- Qualification: Equivalent technical based qualification
- Experience: Three or more years of relevant experience with at least one year of sailing experience as a Pumpman or Bosun preferably on FLNG / LNG / LPG tankers. Experience with plant start-up, early operations and working in a shutdown/turnaround environment would be highly desired.