Our client, a huge company is hiring a Construction Supervisor to join their team in a 1-year contract with a high possibility for a contract extension or a permanent hiring. The professional will be working in Wonowan, British Columbia.
- Focuses on the daily oversight of all assigned projects.
- Must ensure quality and cost standards are met within assigned timeframes and completed efficiently, effectively, and in an ethical manner.
- Participates in pre-construction planning, including project scope, site assessments, site layout, and project details
- Maintains continuous communication throughout projects related to progress, issues, and solutions.
- Responsible to have appropriate materials at project site in a timely fashion to meet project deadlines.
- Receives and verifies material shipment quantity and integrity.
- Communicates and/or resolves shipping schedules/conflicts with vendors or operations manager.
- Submits required project reports in a timely, accurate, and complete manner.
- Completes purchase orders, inventory documents, and time sheets to specified detail daily and weekly.
- Performs and completes final inspection documentation.
- Typically 15+ years of experience.
- Provides oversight for multiple functional areas through senior lead staff.
- Responsible across the operation for strategic/functional support.
- Adapts and executes functional business plans; deploys resources to achieve financial and business objectives.
- Decisions are guided by functional strategies/priorities.