Our client, a major Oil & Gas operator, is seeking a Camp Expansion Superintendent to work on 12 month contract based in Mozambique on rotation basis.
- The Camp Expansion Superintendence Service shall be part of the LNG Onshore Project Management Team at site in Afungi, reporting to the respective Project Manager.
- This is a multi-disciplinary Service (Structure, Mechanical, Piping) and requires the Camp expansion Superintendence Service holder to work and interface with Company Project Managers, Discipline Superintendents, Engineers, Planners, Assurance, Authorities and the EPC Contractor, Vendors/Subcontractors to ensure key Contract deliverables are met and compliant throughout the project phases from engineering to MEI Completion, commissioning and handover.
- Assist Company Project Managers as required in the strategic planning of SMP Construction programs
- Work closely with EPC Contractor Construction teams to ensure a concise and clear understanding of all applicable engineering designs and the required project specifications and standards.
- Participate in SMP constructability reviews of 3D model, work-packs, test-packs and inspections initiated by the EPC teams
- Identify conflicts in EPC construction progress and communicate these to project teams for action.
- Complete online SMP discipline related document reviews for assurance approvals
- Actively participate in Contractor site toolbox talks, pre-starts and site safety briefings and meetings
- Site surveillance and reporting of EPC construction progress across multiple packages
- Conduct routine site inspections and verification of Hold Point activities as per approved ITP’s.
- Provide detailed daily records and reports as required by line management
- Review EPC manpower and equipment forecasts to ensure best possible productivity can be achieved
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of EPC construction practices
- Provide additional site support at schedule critical areas as directed by line management
- Undertake other duties that are within the capabilities and experience of the individual, as required.
- Lead by example and promote ethical conduct, accountability and transparency of decision making.
- Adhere to the Companies Business Principles, Code of Conduct and Golden Rules at all times
Context and Environment
This service is on a rotational status based in AFUNGI and will be performed on behalf of the AFUNGI Site Improvement team. This will involve:
- Resettlement Community Access Roads
- High Security Fence
- Afungi Permanent Airstrip
- Ensuring project packages meet agreed specifications, budgets and/or timescales
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Must be able to work in remote locations based 12 hours days over a 28 day period
- Degree, diploma or vocational training in engineering, construction or heavy industrial related discipline
- Construction professional with minimum ten (10) years relevant industry experience directly supervising multi-discipline contractors and/or work crews in general LNG construction & infrastructure works
- A history of successful safety leadership in similar roles on a large-scale construction Projects
- Proven track record working as a Company representative on EPC lump sum LNG & Construction projects
- Advanced knowledge of Structural, Mechanical & Piping (SMP) construction activities for onshore LNG Facilities, buildings, Infrastructure and associated disciplines that interface with the SMP works.
- Ability to prepare routine reporting for management and meeting presentations
- Proven ability to liaise professionally with EPC Contractor and other key stakeholders on site
- Advanced computer skills for MS Office, Adobe and Database software applications
- A general understanding of financial controls and project budget forecasting against EPC planning.