Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring Camp Construction Head to work for Camp Accommodation Project under the LNG expansion multi-billion project. This is a contract and residential role to be based in Ras Laffan, Qatar.
- Overall accountability and responsibility for the construction execution activities performed by the Pioneer Camp Contractor and its sub-contractors to ensure safe execution with the highest possible quality, delivering the project on-schedule and within approved funding.
- Supervises the assigned pioneer Camp PMT Construction team and leads the monitoring and oversight of the Pioneer Camp Contractor’s construction engineering, field planning, coordination and execution activities within area of responsibility and appraises the performance of the Pioneer Camp Contractor in terms of safety, quality, cost and schedule ensuring the Contractor develops, implements and sustains its Safety and Quality programs within its contractual scope of work.
- Provides overall guidance and leadership with respect to Pioneer Camp Construction issues to his team and to the Pioneer Camp Contractor and provides inputs and coordination to other divisions within Pioneer Camp Project and within NFXP Onshore Construction team.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Uphold safety, health, environmental and worker welfare performance of all site execution activities. Implements and sustains a strong safety culture to the EPC-2 Construction Team, EPC-2 Contractor, its Sub-contractors and Vendors by monitoring site activities and by inspiring safety commitment via demonstration of safety leadership by example. Ensures compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures and policies in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- Upholds Project Quality requirements through visible support to the Project’s Quality Management System and ensures EPC-2 Contractor and sub-contractors execute work to the highest level of quality possible to facilitate a trouble-free start-up and long term facility availability and reliability.
- Review, verify and approve the Pioneer Camp Contractor’s construction sequence, construction engineering, work plans, pre-task planning and method statements to ensure construction activities are completed in accordance with NFXP Onshore Project procedures, regulations, specifications and standards.
- Direct the Pioneer Camp Contractor in planning, scheduling and implementing the construction execution plan, method statements, and other relevant procedures to ensure the work plan and scopes are aligned with project strategies and deliver the safe execution of the project. Identify project deviations and schedule slippages and implement the required solutions
- Facilitate constructability reviews, brownfield activities preparation, marine works planning and construction review meetings and complete all reports, ensuring the areas of concerns and specific technical issues are identified and tackled on time, with relevant mitigations in line with project specifications and requirements.
- Direct the Pioneer Camp Contractor towards construction completion and provide assistance and direction in the Mechanical Completion, in coordination with NFXP Onshore construction support departments as required, and provide support to Commissioning and Start-up activities, working with all involved parties to facilitate these activities.
- Complete construction reporting as required by Project Management ensuring the content of Pioneer Camp Contractor’s reports and records are reviewed and approved to ensure compliance with project contractual requirements.
- Provide inputs in Pioneer Camp construction stages to identify, manage and resolve any contractual issues related to construction and/or site interface. Support engineering with construction clarifications for issuance of relevant Change Orders; and lead the team in the analysis and implementation of approved Change Orders to ensure it satisfies Company needs as well as compliance to the QG Project Management of Change (PMOC) processes.
- Monitor project construction costs by reviewing and approving the performance and progress of Pioneer Camp Contractor and its subcontractors ensuring adequate control and changes in work procedures are established and the correction of non-conformance report items support QA/QC compliance.
- Provide technical advice to Pioneer Camp project team in respect to the delivery of construction and mechanical completion activities. Participate and support cost-schedule-quality-functionality optimization initiatives and constructability/risk assessment inputs for Pioneer Camp Project and for NFXP Onshore, via NFXP Onshore Construction support departments.
- Be accountable for the team’s results based on result-orientation, analysis capability and decision-making skills, while promoting team spirit, initiatives and confidence within the team.
Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15 years’ broad experience in different EPC project phases i.e. basic engineering and/or detailed engineering, procurement and construction with at least 10 years’ specific involvement in construction of major process facilities.
- Minimum 8 years in project leadership positions
- Previous exposure to multi-cultural projects, utilising a systematic approach to problem solving and completing complex work tasks through accuracy, timeliness and quality documentation.
- Worldwide experience with contractors and vendors, in particular those involved in the onshore construction of facilities.
- Fluent in written and spoken English at a high technical level. Able to write formal correspondence in English.
- Previous work experience with Qatar Oil & Gas Companies and/or in Ras Laffan is an advantage
- Work location will be based in Ras Laffan City for site execution