Airswift is working with one of our major clients to find a CAD Operator to join their team on a 6-month contract in Pascagoula, MS.
The primary support work in this position will be to develop and modify electronic drawings as a result of project completion, shutdown scope completion, and/or process safety study.
- In coordination with engineers and other designers, produce as-built drawings, construction installation details, and equipment arrangements using AutoCAD software.
- Completes tasks on time and provides updates daily to team leaders and customers on the status of tasks.
- Demonstrate teamwork and the ability to take on a high volume of work without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
- Work closely with team leaders, designers, and engineers in recommending the best use of CAD tools in order to achieve project objectives, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with CAD tools.
- Perform thorough quality reviews of project turnover drawings to ensure drawings meet the minimum requirements for uploading to the drawing management system.
- Read and interpret redlined drawings from technical and maintenance support teams, and operations.
- Provide support in the management and storage of drawings within the drawing management system on-site.
- Provide laser scanning support to designer’s projects and engineering for equipment V&V’s.
Capabilities and Credentials:
- Ability to work on multiple projects with minimum guidance of team leader, designers, project managers, and engineers.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents such as drawings, sketches, 3D models, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Proficient in recent versions of AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in other relevant software such as SmartPlant and/or CADWorx.
- Ability to perform laser scanning and registering of laser scan data.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to perform field visits for field verification of equipment, instruments, etc. for drawing updates.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years AutoCAD experience required. Preferably in the oil & gas industry.