Airswift has been tasked by one of its keys clients to find an CAD Designer / Drafter III to join their team on a 7-month contract working in Channahon - IL
- Develop and maintain 2D CAD drawings (e.g. PFD"s, P&ID"s, One-Lines, General Layouts for all disciplines, Plans, Sections and Details, etc.) using software such as AutoCAD (required), Microstation and/or SmartSketch.
- Develop computer generated drawings, isometrics, details, plans, schedules, and data sheets.
- Prepare dimensional drawings for layouts and nondimensional drawings such as one lines, etc.
- Revises drawings based on instructions from engineers, etc.
- Document control support, database administration, and progress reporting.
- Coordination and communication of various issues among the company and contractors engineering team that affect the discipline engineering drawings.
- Keep Supervisor informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
- Collaborates with design originators to resolve discrepancies between original drawings and final CAD designs.
- May supervise and guide lower-level CAD drafters.
10+ years of CAD design experience
Associates degree in Drafting or equivalent from a two-year college or technical
General knowledge of 2D CAD software AutoCAD/Microstation/SmartSketch -
Must be proficient in latest version of Autocad and MS Office programs.