Our client, a major oil and gas company, is looking for a Buyer/Expeditor to work on a long term contract in Houston, Texas.
Summary: The Midstream Buyer/Expeditor will provide tactical procurement support to ensure prompt and accurate purchase and delivery of goods or services.
- Responsibilities may include Cradle-to-grave ownership of the purchase order process from requisition receipt until the goods are satisfactorily delivered to the customer
- Creating purchase orders in the SAP system.
- Quality Control requisitions and purchase orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Verifying pricing of the goods purchased.
- Monitoring and tracking open orders to ensure on-time delivery.
- Communicating effectively with suppliers and customers.
- Advocating the use of master data on requisitions to drive spend against contracts, rate validation and spend capture.
- Identifying process improvements or efficiency opportunities and recommending solutions.
- Providing guidance to customers on how to request materials using the correct processes or tools.
- High School diploma or GED
- Proficient in SAP MM module
- 3 or more years of experience in procurement, energy-related industry preferred
- Previous buying experience
- Understanding of Procurement Policy and Internal Control Standards
- Knowledge of P2P processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective at time management and prioritization
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Team player