Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Senior Buyer to work in their facilities located in Houston, Texas on a 12-months contract with possibility to extend.
We are seeking a meticulous Buyer who has knowledge and experience in leading material and service procurement activities from inception to successful delivery, including vendor identification, evaluation and selection, negotiation preparation, economic analysis and evaluating market data. Reporting to the Manager of Materials, the Buyer is accountable for process improvements and must possess an ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment, and still meet business performance measures, timelines for procurement sourcing activities and plan for future materials and services as needed.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Process internal project client requests for the supply of goods and services as required
- Manage competitive sourcing processes as required
- Develop, issue, and manage RFPs, RFQ, RFIs, etc.
- Conduct bid spreadsheet analyses and proposal commercial evaluations
- Coordinate overall evaluations with project clients
- Liaise with bidders, suppliers, and other internal stakeholders (supplier qualification, engineering, project team, Legal, Risk, etc.) as required
- Assemble purchase order documents and administer purchase orders within area of responsibility
- Organize and manage project and purchase order files, both electronic and paper files
- Facilitate supplier's pre-qualification process and liaise with Supplier Management to ensure a timely outcome
- Maintain purchase order records in SAP, ensuring governance requirements are always met
- Provide purchase order status updates as required
- Contribute to building and strengthening client and supplier relationships
- Ensure established processes and proper authorization controls are always followed
- Aid and support to Manager and team members as required
- Fully understand all terms and conditions of all purchase orders and work within the purchase order terms and conditions in all dealings with the Supplier
- Single point of contact (SPOC) pertaining to purchase orders within area of responsibility
- Ensure all relevant information is received to maintain SAP records
- Must be able to provide feedback / responses to the Project Teams and Clients with regards to the purchase order
- Other tasks as required
Previous education & experience required:
- 6 years of purchasing, contract and bidding law, or project management
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management
- Excellent customer service skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and a strong team player
- Proficient in PC applications
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or relevant field
- Commercial negotiating skills an asset
- Project management or project controls experience
- Oil and gas industry experience in a similar role
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a Major Energy company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.