Our client, the largest Oil and Gas company in the US, is seeking a Buyer to work within their facilities located in Baton Rouge, LA for a long term position on a 5/40 work schedule.
Good to have prior experience in construction type services in an industrial complex
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes requisitions and converts to purchase orders on a daily basis, mainly over $50,000.
- Addresses invoice discrepancies from the purchase order or the goods receipt and approves invoice payment for any additional freight costs not accounted for on purchase order.
- Liaises with the strategic buyer regarding project or turnaround purchases and potential bundles
- Provides support to ensure timely invoice payment
- Collects written proposals from vendors as needed.
- Conducts simple negotiations of pricing and general terms & conditions.
- Handles any PO (purchase order) maintenance for orders processed (e.g. update PO text, update delivery date, etc.)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Behavioral Skills: adapts, analytical, collaborates, communicates effectively, focus on customers.
- Knowledgeable of SAP, Excel and Outlook