Airswift is seeking a Buyer to work in Edmonton, AB, on a 1-year contract.
- Coordinates and executes sourcing and procurement of materials and/or services which includes, but is not limited to: supplier sourcing, negotiation, spend analysis and supplier management.
- Reviews and analyzes material requisitions.
- Prepares and issues RFQ’s as required for operational, project and strategic initiatives.
- Reviews and analyzes above in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensures products are purchased at a reasonable price while achieving any possible cost savings within the required timeframe.
- Acts as a liaison between user departments and suppliers.
- Assists other buyers and expeditors.
- Related university degree (Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, Finance, Bus. Admin or other related areas)
- 4-6 years of experience within Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Understanding of supply chain concepts including an understanding of current market conditions, key suppliers, industry knowledge and materials or services being procured (basic materials to complex services).
- Advanced computer skills required – MS Office Suites; specifically MS Excel pivot tables.
- Knowledge of Procurement processes/policies such as SOX policies.
- Knowledge of SAP/Oracle operating systems.
- Experience in SOX controls as they pertain to Procure to Pay (P2P) processes
- Must have solid experience in supply chain
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP)/ Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) program enrollment beneficial.