Our client is looking for a Buyer II to work with them in Baton Rouge, LA on a 4 months turnaround.
Schedule: 6 day on/1 day off - 60hrs/week schedule
Purchases spot equipment, materials, chemicals/catalysts, and service requirements for multiple business lines.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Processes a queue of requisitions and converts to purchase orders on a daily basis.
- Collects written proposals from vendors as needed.
- Conducts simple negotiations of pricing and general terms & conditions.
- Addresses invoice discrepancies from the purchase order or the goods receipt and approves invoice payment for any additional freight costs not accounted for on purchase order.
- Liaises with the strategic buyer regarding project or turnaround purchases and potential bundles
- Provides support to ensure timely invoice payment.
- Handles any PO (purchase order) maintenance for orders processed (e.g. update PO text, update delivery date, etc.)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Behavioral Skills: adapts, analytical, collaborates, communicates effectively, focus on customers.
- Functional Skills: PtP (Procure-to-Pay) knowledge, system utilization & efficiency, total system cost, apply controls mindset, application of business & procurement technical knowledge, service excellence, contract development, contract management, negotiating and influencing, relationship management.