Our client, a midstream company, is seeking 2 Buyers to work in Edmonton, AB on a contract until the end of 2021.
• Executes the complete procurement process from preparing all aspects of competitive bids through to, commercial evaluation, recommendations and purchase order issuance. Ensure compliance with purchasing procedures and that user requirements are met.
• Develop, negotiate and assist in the execution of supplier agreement.
• Obtains optimized pricing, and cost efficient methods to assist in company- wide cost saving measures.
• Researches sources of supply, review sole source validity and determine methods of procurement action.
• Negotiates with suppliers the terms and conditions, pricing, delivery, payment terms, cancellation charges, liquidated damages clauses, warranty, scope of work and change orders as required.
• Evaluates supplier performance and addresses inefficiencies as required via feedback loop in Maximo
• Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedure, and audit guidelines/Sox requirements.
• Issues and approves purchase orders per ASL.
• Investigates and facilitates issue resolution relative to procurement activities as requested
• Acts as a liaison between project managers and/or consultants and suppliers. (prior to issuance of order)
• Researches and implements cost saving initiatives.
• Understands and participates in Supply Chain Management Department team initiatives.
• Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of market conditions and industry trends relating to Supply Chain Management as it pertains to their category.
• Related University degree from an accredited college in purchasing, supply chain management, business administration, finance, logistics or equivalent, or significant business knowledge acquired through a combination of formal education and experience.
• Post- secondary education (Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, B-Comm., Finance, Business Admin,)
• 4 to 7+ years of procurement experience.
• Supply Chain Management Professional (SCPM)/Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) enrollment beneficial.
• ERP Systems: Oracle R12, Oracle Cloud, SAP, Maximo (preference)