Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Buyer II to work in their facilities located in North York, ON on a 12-months contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
· Review and process purchase requisitions for Services in Oracle and ensures compliance with purchasing procedures and requisition requirements.
· Submit Requests for Quotations to suppliers/contractors
· Interact with Suppliers, Contractors, Business Stakeholders, Risk and other department personnel regarding requisition requirements, procurement procedures, approvals, order status and follow-up.
· Maintain records in accordance with established policies and procedures and audit guidelines /SOX requirements.
· Build and maintain relations with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
· Release reviewed and approved purchase orders to suppliers.
· Validate and execute change orders related to Services issued as per the requirements and requisition of the stakeholder.
· Validate and reconcile supplier invoices, manages invoice resolution and corresponds with supplier/contractor, Accounts Payable or stakeholder regarding invoicing discrepancies.
· Complete all required close out activities for Services and works with internal and external stakeholder to validate closeout.
· Ensure assigned supply chain procedures and initiatives minimize risk and provide the highest overall total value to company
· Analyze and interpret internal/external market data from multiple sources to support informed decision making.
· Supporting leadership by providing periodic reports, conducting data analysis, validating vendor payments, and providing process/system improvement recommendation
· Other duties (in addition to or in lieu of those described above), as assigned by people leader according to the needs of the location or Company.
Previous education & experience required:
· Mandatory experience using Oracle
· Experience with procuring Services (rather than with Materials/Equipment)
· Experience with Service Agreements (how to navigate through an agreement, understanding the scope, extracting terms & conditions, being able to read and build onto the contract if needed)
· Negotiation skills
· Proficient computer skills
· Advanced mathematical skills and analytical acumen
· Undergraduate degree in a Business, Economics or Supply Chain related discipline