Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Buyer I to work in their facilities located in Chatham, ON for an initial 12-months contract.
The Project Buyer will support an Engineering Group.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing and interpreting data from different sources for materials to inform stakeholders
- Management of suppliers including expediting, inspection, logistics coordination and invoice resolution process
- Liaise with internal customers/users to understand their order and delivery requirements and Stakeholders
- Issue RFQ or RFI documents for time sensitive material
- Update BOM’s, create/modify PO’s, approve shopping carts, retrieve MTR’s, expedite delivery on material, and manage the required inspections and logistics as required
- Support Project team in the execution phase reviews of business unit lifecycle
- Negotiate with suppliers within the respective Business Unit for low spend and materials
- Coordinate new program launch as assigned by business units to ensure 100% on time delivery within cost targets
- Following up and maintain Parked and Blocked invoices
- Coordinate with proper departments, supplier requests for deviations and BOM changes.
- Direct spend to preferred suppliers in order to maintain cost effective rates for the company
- Ensure all the risk and liability requirements are met (pre-qualification, environmental health and safety, workers comp)
- Respond to internal and external audit document requests
- Assist in educating the business on company Supply Chain policies and procedures
- Administer the ordering process and convert purchase/service requests into complete purchase/service order
- University or College plus 2 years of experience in Supply Chain or related field
- Experience with contract creation/drafting/implementation/closure for materials and services.
- Experience buying materials/services
- Experience monitoring and managing supplier relationships and performance
- Stakeholder Management experience
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.