Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Buyer to join them in Monaco on a 6-month contract.
Task & Responsibilities
- Lead and Coordinate with Engineering and Package manager the sourcing of Equipment and Bulk under the supervision of the Procurement Project Manager and of the Delivery Manager as per BUYER Role Profile:
- 1. In order to lead the tendering process in a fair manner and identify bidders that will best meet our technical requirements, budget and schedule constraints, you are to:
- 1.1. Understand the commercial/contractual requirements of the equipment/service to be purchased and elaborate the bid package together with the relevant disciplines (ie: Engineering, Asset Integrity, Legal & contract…)
- 1.2. Ensure that vendor qualification process is performed as per Company rules
- 1.3. Issue request for quotation, expedite and collect offers from bidders
- 1.4. Analyze the offers and identify areas for commercial or contractual clarifications in order to facilitate discussion with bidders and get offers aligned and in line with Company requirements
- 1.5. Develop recommendations for the bidder selection based on the input from the relevant disciplines and on the assessment of offered costs, technical requirements and delivery time in accordance with Company Ethics and Compliance rules (eg: competition rules …)
- 1.6. Fully document the tendering process (i.e. commercial bid evaluation, recommendation to purchase …)
- 1.7. Ensure that the tactical management of the procurement process (from RFQ preparation till recommendation to purchase) is conducted appropriately and in full compliance with Company working procedures.
- 2. In order to lead successful contractual and commercial negotiations with vendors, you are to:
- 2.1. Set up package strategy with close coordination of Package Manager to lead commercial negotiations, using any possible leverage to achieve your targets and obtain competitive pricing
- 2.2. Perform financial/commercial analysis (market intelligence, cost breakdown structure, benchmark…) of the current scenarios, identify risks and opportunities and recommend options that can drive the final decision to purchase
- 2.3. Conduct internal contract check points all along the purchase order execution to ensure contractual protections are in place and to minimize contractual /financial risks
- 2.4. Be responsible for managing any claims with Vendors and develop appropriate settlement plan
Specific skills / expertise / product:
University degree or equivalent, with technical skills or significant experience on sourcing major complex equipment.
Experience on purchasing of Major Mooring Packages and on Multidiscipline Packages would be a plus
Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent
5 years minimum on EPC projects preferably within Wind Mill or Oil & Gas industries.