Airswift has been tasked by one of its key clients to find an experienced Buyer to join their team on a 12-month contract assignment with a possibility for an extension to 18-months, working in Joffre, AB.
This role will support Turnaround activities at Joffre, Alberta site as well as at our Rokeby site in Ontario. The environment is a very fast-paced, high volume environment. The successful candidate will be looking for growth opportunities and be willing to take on new challenges in support of our team.
- Contacting vendors to obtain &/or verify price, part number, source of supply.
- Make delivery arrangements with carriers and vendors.
- Creating purchase orders against date driven requirements and ensuring all pertinent information is obtained and verified with the vendor and end user.
- Releasing purchase orders against vendor agreements.
- Seeking/recording/updating material source of supply and information within the system to streamline future purchases.
- Assisting with material information updates and changes.
- Confirming purchase order and integrating with expediting to maintain on-time delivery.
- Resolving discrepancies between purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Following up on non-conformance of materials and deliveries with end user and/or vendor and identifying trends or patterns.
- Qualifying Contractors for onsite labor prior to Purchase Order creation (ISN working knowledge an asset).
- Maintaining Vendor base for timely and accurate supply alignment.
- Participating in the implementation of improvement plans.
- University graduate with 2 years related experience or Business Diploma with 3 - 5 years’ experience, or more than 5 years of directly related experience.
- High level of proficiency in the use of a computer including the Microsoft office suite and SAP, SAP Ariba. SAP material management or plant maintenance areas considered an asset.