Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Business System Analyst to work in their facilities located in Calgary on a contract until September 2021
The Business Systems Analyst is accountable for documenting and analyzing business system requirements in such a way that the business team members understand and approve them, and other project team members can successfully use them to develop the solution. The Business Systems Analyst ensures the solution meets the business requirements. Should have strong understanding of business processes, analyzes complex business problems to be solved with IT technologies. Develops detailed functional, system and program specifications.
- Work closely with the subject matter experts (SMEs) within the Core Network services team to identify and define Asset Management processes covering the complete asset lifecycle for all Network assets including which assets need to be tracked.
- Work with department SMEs to identify proactive reporting requirements to mine asset data to search for new efficiencies and opportunities to improve service. Work with Digital Asset owners to provide reports/dashboards to enable ongoing data accuracy
- Identify deficiencies in asset data and develop and implement remediation strategies to establish the required data.
- Understand our client's policies and standards related to Digital Asset Management and ensure new processes adhere to all standards.
- Makes decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues and without formal guidelines or precedents and exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret policy
- Involved in highly complex matters and business systems processes that have impact for the organization and that involve Senior Management strategic decisions.
- May oversee a variety of projects at a time.
- Conducts/facilitates user requirements/user story/backlog development sessions; documents assumptions and constraints.
- Reviews and approves business process models and system data flow maps
- Leads definition of requirements with project teams and business users, translating business needs into documented requirements and use cases that can be used by developers to create software, by application specialists to configure software, or by infrastructure specialists to develop technical solutions.
- Validates and approves requirements with project teams and business users, translating business needs into documented requirements and use cases to create and configure software by application specialist, or by infrastructure specialists to develop technical solutions.
- Leads the business in prioritizing and re-prioritizing requirements.
- Builds and maintains relationships with the project business stakeholders and team members
- Tracks requirements and deliverables to ensure that business requirements are being met
- Confirms business requirements that may change due to development or technical decisions or as a result of scope changes or technical changes from vendor