Airswift is seeking a Business Analyst to work on a 6-months contract in Calgary, AB for a major North American energy company. Candidates must have Cybersecurity experience/awareness and experience both gathering/analyzing requirements and building business processes.
The Business Systems Analyst is accountable for documenting and analyzing business system requirements in such a way that the business team members understand and approve them and other project team members can successfully use them to develop the solution; they'll ensure the solution meets the business requirements.
- 7-10 years of overall experience would be ideal for this role as it is an Intermediate level position.
- Should have strong understanding of business processes, analyzes complex business problems to be solved with IT technologies.
- Experience developing detailed functional, system and program specifications.
- Experience with Cybersecurity projects is a must have, as well as Oil & Gas background.
- Perfect candidate would have worked on a Cybersecurity project for large Energy projects.
- Operates more independently, decisions range from those governed by general policy to those on technical or complex issues within authorized limits.
- Conducts own analysis to help the business system function more effectively through analytics, develops and writes business systems specifications or can plan and analyze business systems practices providing expertise to senior management.
- Can be a project lead and is involved in matters that could have strategic importance.
- Support facilitation of user requirements/user story/backlog development sessions; documents assumptions and constraints.
- Produces and maintains business process models and system data flow maps.
- Collaborates and defines requirements with project teams and business users, translating business needs into documented requirements and use cases that can be used by developers to create software, by application specialists to configure software, or by infrastructure specialists to develop technical solutions.
- Reviews and validates requirements with project teams and business users, translating business needs into documented requirements and use cases to create and configure software by application specialist, or by infrastructure specialists to develop technical solutions.
- Facilitates and assists the business in prioritizing and re-prioritizing requirements.
- Builds and maintains relationships with the project business stakeholders and team members.
- Tracks requirements and deliverables to ensure that business requirements are being met Identifies business requirements that may change due to development or technical decisions or as a result of scope changes or technical changes from vendor.