Business Development Manager Specialty Amine EMEA
Location: Remote in Europe. The candidate’s location needs to be close to a major airport.
Language: fluent English (Chinese or Spanish is a plus)
Timeframe: Role has full sign-off and budget
Salary/Package: Competitive salary and benefits on offer
Interviews: to be held within 1-2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Felicia Brown and Jannet Yankova
Key Words: Sales; Business Development; Customer Relations, Chemical Industry, Complex Accounts, CASE, Specialty Amines, EMEA
We are glad to be retained by one of the top 20 chemical manufacturers and the world’s fastest-growing Isocyanate producers, listed on the stock exchange. With 6 manufacturing sites and 15,000+ employees, the company achieved over $20 Billion in sales in 2021. Due to ambitious growth plans, they are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager (remote-based in Europe) to expand their Specialty Amines business in the EMEA region.
The Business Development Manager Specialty Amine EMEA will focus on developing the quickly growing customer base for specialty amine products (H12MDA, IPDA, etc.) in EMEA, with a special focus on developing new business opportunities in downstream applications including CASE, composites, epoxy, sealants, and Wind market.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in chemistry, material science, polymer science, or other related fields.
- 10+ years’ technical background in Specialty Amine products for CASE (Coating, Adhesive, Specialties, and Elastomer) industries
- Demonstrate a combination of technical skills combined with business acumen and market awareness
- Demonstrate a track record of effective new business development in the CASE industry and execution from strategy development to commercialization.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time and twice per year overseas
- A self-starter who sets high goals of performance and has a passion for exceeding expectations.
- High-level communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work well in a cross-cultural and cross-language team environment
- Strong organizational skills: the ability to manage and prioritize tasks/projects
- Experience in promoting Isocyanates or waterborne resins to CASE industry
- Experience in managing global key accounts
- Background in sustainability topics
- Fluency in Chinese or Spanish
- Work from a home-based office preferably in Western Europe (alternative locations will be considered for the right candidate). The location needs to be close to a major airport.
- Approach global key accounts as well as selected mid-sized customers effectively; establish relationships in various functions within the customer organization including procurement, R&D, and production
- Support global New Business Development activities and projects, economic assessments, and future market price projections with solid market entry plans.
- Identify downstream market trends and competitor’s activities in the region and report to the management team with analysis; look for new application opportunities for existing product portfolio. Strong listening skills to identify the voice of the customer and larger market needs and trends.
- Collaborate with the technical team to ensure development projects move smoothly from exploration (voice of the customer) to commercialization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff to enable effective internal and external relationship building. Able to build customer loyalty and confidence using a progressive solution-based approach to exceeding customer needs.
- Clearly articulate technology and product’s value proposition to customers that have varying points of perspective; represent the company in trade shows, industry conferences, and distributor’s events.
- Provide timely communication and guidance to distributors in the region.
- Provide market and customer information to the product development team to prioritize development activities; be the technical link between our customer and our R&D
- Work with the performance chemicals sales team to look for co-selling opportunities in the CASE market, together with the fine chemical business development team
- Become familiar and follow up on regional regulations; evaluate regulation impacts on sales and product development activity.
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Felicia Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org