Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients, in the Renewable Energy Industry, to seek a "Business Development Engineer" to be based in Penang, Malaysia.
- Develop leads as well as support the Business Development Department by going through the entire business development process that is required by the company.
- Manage strategies - owning and executing product marketing by developing the product positioning and messaging.
- Build and lead customer marketing programs. Engage in on-going dialogue with customers.
- Demand Generation - Work closely with the Business Development Team right from lead generation to deal closure and provide engineering support at every step of the way.
- Origination of new C&I solar projects with MNCs.
- Leading and / or supporting the closing of project opportunities with Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
- Leading and / or supporting setup and negotiation for strategic partnership in Malaysia.
- Leading and / or supporting preparation of commercial offers for clients.
- Leading and / or supporting sales pipeline management.
- Leading and / or supporting permitting works and liaison works with government agencies.
- Travel within Malaysia expected and within the region.
- Be actively involved in Solar Project / Energy Saving Products Business Development activities.
- Provide excellent customer service to new & existing clients.
- Attend site surveys to examine Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Project Feasibility & provide Engineering Team with relevant information for PV System Design & layout drawing.
- Graduate Degree in Engineering (preferred), Business, or Science.
- 2 years of experience within Solar related industry.
- Willing to travel and have a great work ethic.
- Fluent in English and Malay (written and spoken). Mastery of a third language will be an advantage.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint & AutoCad
- Passion for renewable energy and an entrepreneurial mindset are greatly appreciated.
- Positive, energetic and great team player.
- Well versed in best practices in online marketing and marketing automation.
- Excellent organizational and tasks management skills: can learn cross-functional teams to deliver programs, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work on tight deadlines and knows how to keep all programs on schedule.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Comfortable with web / video conferencing and social collaboration platforms.
- GCPV qualification will be an added advantage.