Our client, a major Oil and Gas company is seeking a Business Analyst / BI Developer to work in Schiedam, Netherlands for an ongoing contract.
In this role, you will report directly to the manager Data & Analytics and work on several initiatives related to analytics development and setting-up the new data architecture.
- Define and deliver Power BI dashboards, proving valuable insights in status and performance
of primary (EPC) and supporting processes within the Project Execution phase.
- Contribute to the set-up of the new data architecture, including ETL processes, definition of the underlying data models in the new data warehouse.
- Actively contribute to further professionalizing the data & analytics community, through coaching and supporting data and business analysts within the various functions
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Liaise with different stakeholders across the business functions to (co)establish requirements, use cases and KPI's for new Power BI dashboards
- Develop, test and deploy Power BI dashboards and liaise with IT to establish and
further improve the underlying data architecture, ETL processes and data model
- Being the point of contact and linking pin between business users, business analysts and IT specialists / data engineers for development of the new BI platform (MS Azure / Power BI)
- Co-define and implement Power BI governance, with a focus on workspace management and governance related to efficient publication and distribution of Power BI dashboards
- Coaching and supporting less experienced Power BI developers, ensuring proper hand-over of developed dashboards and safeguard continuity of knowledge towards the future.
- Supporting and training business users in the use of Power BI dashboards
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent
- 5-10 years professional experience developing software or analytics solutions, preferably within an EPC environment
- Strong analytical, programming and data engineering skills
- Experience with Power BI (incl. DAX), ETL processes, data warehouse design and MS Azure (ADF, SQL, Analysis Services) is a must
- Proactive and self-starting attitude, capable to act within a dynamic and international organization
- Available 4-5 days a week