Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking to hire a Jr Business Analyst to work in a 6 months contract in Houston, TX.
- Advanced Power BI knowledge/experience/skills
- SQL - beginner level
- Knowledge with the latest Microsoft Tools
Nice to have:
- Gas pipeline and/or Oil & Gas experience
- Engineering background
- Skilled with VBA
- Experience with AWS
- SQL - advanced level
- Provides support of ongoing departmental business initiatives or projects;
- Will be tasked to review data in SAP or other company systems to perform basic to advance data analysis in support of team initiatives; Will be tasked to support the development of internal decision and initiative summaries;
- Will be tasked to summarize policy and or process exceptions;
This role responsibilities can include, and is not limited to:
- Transactional-based support
- Operational business and system process analysis, e.g., in response to issue trends or patterns
- Facilitative liaison across multiple disciplines and business units
- Operational performance tracking and management
- Legacy system data analysis support
- Workflow support and troubleshooting
- Operates more independently.
- Decisions range from those governed by general policy to those on technical or complex issues within authorized limits.
- The scope of decision-making is within work assignments.
- The scope of recommendations spans department operations.
- Is considered a fully qualified Business Analyst.
- Conducts its analysis to help the business function more effectively through findings.
- Develops and writes drafts of business process specifications and or can plan, analyze business practice providing expertise to the senior team.
- Can be a project lead and is involved in matters that could have strategic importance to the function they are supporting.