Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients in the Oil & Gas Industry to seek a Business Analyst IV to work in their facilities located in Houston, Texas for a 1-year contract.
We are looking for a Business Analyst that is excited about working on projects that enable our Gas Transmission & Midstream Operations (GTMO) teams.
Day to day responsibilities:
Business Analyst serves as direct liaison with ongoing communication and support to functional Business Leads and Sponsors for GTM Operations business process optimization projects. Key responsibilities include:
- This role will focus on Facility Data and Asset Management Projects
- Indirect report to the Project Manager to assist with project scope definition and provide business analysis support throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensures business analysis services are being executed with adherence to PDO tools and templates required to support the project stage gating methodology.
- Understanding of project lifecycle stage gating controls and importance of document and records management.
- May assist the Project Manager with project management tasks as needed, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Strong writing skills to prepare business cases, current state (as-is) and future state (to be) analysis, process flow mapping, RACI and RAPID model, business process optimization recommendations, workshop facilitations, and training content.
- Assists the business in identifying proper controls, recommendations for automation, and understands integration with other interdependent programs.
- Responsible for preparing business requirements (business rules, business/functional/technical) specifications and managing requests for changes to the specifications.
- Maintains functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned areas systems, organization, and business processes.
- Ability to translate business information into terms understandable by non-IT savvy personnel for system related projects.
- Coordinate and participate in UAT and testing activities as needed.
- Conducts peer reviews with Project Managers to ensure the quality of the content and corporate branding requirements are followed.
- Business Partners with Technical Information Services (TIS) for system related projects and Technical Training Group (TTG) to help coordinate training materials.
- Can act as a cross functional Business Analyst to support multiple areas of the business such as asset management, pipeline integrity, facility integrity, work management, compliance, etc.
- Collaborative and provides support and guidance to other team members throughout the project management lifecycle.
- The PDO Business Analyst is accountable for supporting the successful delivery of PDO projects, which have potential to impact a large portion of the organization and drive enhancements in safety, efficiency, and work execution.
- The PDO Business Analyst is accountable to perform quality assurance of project deliverables, in conjunction with the Project Manager(s), and escalate risks to the appropriate level.
Previous education & experience required:
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum seven (7) years of related experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Business process optimization experience
- Oil and gas experience with Field Operations exposure
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project leadership skills and able to negotiate with, and lead, resources outside of direct line of authority
- Ability to present and facilitate to a wide variety of audiences including technical, senior leaders, and executives in an effective manner which requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency working with office computer applications such as Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, and Excel).
- Demonstrated proficiency working with project management tools (MS Visio)
- Business Analysis certification (PBA)
- Six Sigma certification
- Change Management Experience (ProSci)
- Work performed primarily in the office.
- Minimal travel required, unless designated to a special project which requires field travel.
- Overtime work may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
- Numerous competing priorities must be managed concurrently whilst negotiating/influencing within and outside the organization.
- Internal Audit Experience
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a major company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.