Our client is seeking a Business Analyst to join their security team in Calgary, AB. Your key function is to analyze and document the relevant business needs, processes and systems, while ensuring the delivered solution is in alignment with the applicable standards. The main outcome will be the creation and maintenance of specific project requirements and quality assurance to match the final physical security software product and process with expected project outcomes.
The Business Analyst is accountable for eliciting, documenting and analyzing business system requirements in such a way that the business team members understand and approve them, and other project team members can successfully use them to develop the solution. You will ensure the solution meets the project requirements. You have a strong understanding of business processes, cybersecurity, physical security (i.e. security operations center, card access, camera federation, intercoms, Genetec hardware and applications, network/bandwidth, UPS, etc.) and analyzes complex business problems to be solved with IT technologies
- Organize and manage the BA and QA activities on assigned projects, each with unique requirements, different stakeholders, and varying complexity and size.
- Conduct/facilitate user requirements/user story/backlog development sessions; document assumptions and constraints to understand the current state and desired future state.
- Abstract up low-level technical information to a high-level general understanding.
- Review and approve business process models and system data flow maps.
- Lead definition of requirements with project teams and business users, translating business needs into documented requirements and use cases that can be used by architect and designers to create solution architecture, by application specialists to configure software, or by infrastructure specialists to develop and implement technical solutions.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the project business stakeholders, corporate security, cybersecurity, project team members and other members of the program.
- Actively track requirements and deliverables to ensure that business requirements are being met for the assigned projects.
- Monitor and confirm business requirements that may change due to development or technical decisions or due to scope changes or technical changes from vendor or other source
- Complete assessment and analysis of various options to support project decisions.
- Develop project documentation including processes, user guides, support documentation, reference guides.
- Create, update, and maintain requirements traceability matrix against solution architecture, design, test plans and hand-over to sustainment.
- Ensure test scripts meet the solution objectives and requirements specific for each field site or office location.
- Schedule and lead remote test sessions and coordinate teams across different time zones.
- It is desired that the Business Analyst has physical security and cybersecurity experience.
- Excellent analytical, multitasking, organizational, documentation and time management skills.
- Willingness and interest in learning new processes, technologies, and new methods to solving problems.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to understand difficulties or issues, visualize them, analyze them, and then resolve them. This also includes proficient research skills, logical thinking, and presentation skills. A strong background with different analytical techniques including Interface Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, and SWOT Analysis is preferred.
- Effective Problem-solver capable of studying the problem, analyzing the available options, and then suggesting the best choice. Ability to observe a problem from different angles within the business, including a target user and that of a technical expert.
- Active team player with strong verbal, written, documentation and presentation skills.
- Flexible to work in dynamic work environment with changing priorities and scope.
- Able to develop productive business relationships and accept direction.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Excel and Visio.
- Able to work with little direction.