Our client, a major Oil & Gas company is hiring an IT Business Analyst to work in a 12 months contract position in Calgary, AB.
- The IT Business Analyst serves as a direct liaison to functional process owners in order to translate and prioritize requirements for assigned area project and maintenance work.
- Responsible for translating high-level business requirements into detailed functional specifications and managing requests for changes to the specifications
- Assists the business in determining which business requirements can and should be automated and how they are then integrated with other business and technical processes
- Maintains functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned areas systems, organization, and business processes
- Participate in requirements prioritization.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and success criteria
- Perform project management tasks as needed to determine, assign, track, and manage project tasks, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Partner with the development team to provide reporting and status on project deliverables.
- Coordinate and participate in testing activities.
Criteria & Qualifications:
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent
- 7-10 years of systems analysis, programming, or other IT-related experience
- Complete understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate technical information into terms understandable by non
- IT savvy personnel
- Adept at interacting in both business and IT-focused discussions
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and suppliers Proficient at operating within a North Americanly distributed team Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.