Sitting in the Finance, Control & Planning Department and reporting to the Planning & Reporting Coordinator, this position is required to assist with the financial reporting function of the Australian group companies, in particular MASTRO reporting. As well as assist with budget and forecasting for the Australian group companies and related projects and Joint Ventures.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Reporting of operating and financial results: input and review of BMS-Mastro reporting systems for actual process. Reporting to be done in line with petroleum contract and in compliance with the latest Reporting standards (IFRS).
- Preparation of Budgets and Forecasts and other analysis necessary for control of performance;
- Assist with the preparation of Monthly, Quarterly & Annual financial statements under IFRS principles;
- Data collection and NICE and BMS loading for investment proposals, operating costs and for Forecast process, Annual Budget and 4 Year Plan;
- Preparation of P&L variance and price sensitivity analysis;
- Assist with the preparation of Joint Venture Budgets and AFEs in conjunction with technical departments;
- Cost Control on Budget expenditures;
- Assist with No profit initiatives input and review;
- Assist with the preparation of the Current and Deferred Tax calculations;
- Assist with Abandonment calculations;
- Assist with preparation of supporting documentations to timely comply with the Sarbanes Oxley controls of the functions;
- Assist with other Control duties as required.
Reporting of financial results
- Timely monthly reporting to local management, HO and Milan.
- Fulfilment of reporting required to Milan via MASTRO.
- Assist with the monthly input of actuals for capital expenditure, operating expenditure, income statements and balance sheets; quarterly Financial Statements; interim and annual Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS principles.
- Liaising with HO and HQ in Milan for issues referred to the above.
- Assist with the year-end preparation of complete financial statements, including information for the director's report and notes to the statutory accounts produced by the HO.
- Keeping up to date with accounting standards.
- Discussions/ liaisons with Milan and statutory auditors.
Corporate budgeting and forecasting
- Assist the Budget & Reporting Coordinator with all budgeting and forecasting requirements of local management, HO and HQ requests.
- Assist with the Annual Budget i.e. Income Statements, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, including detailed capital expenditures, detailed operating expenditures, detailed G&A, equity production and revenues computation.
- Assist with Quarterly Forecast through updating the main categories stated above.
- Assist with the Annual 4 year plan structured in the same way as above.
- Liaison with technical staff, department managers and the Business Planning & Economics area.
- Input of all mentioned steps in the group databases dedicated to the approval of programmed capital and operating expenditures (NICE and BMS), financial statements (MASTRO), Business Plan and 4 Year Plan preparation (MASTRO and Segment).
- Assist with monthly analysis of variances between actual and budget, actual and forecast, current actual and previous year. Quarterly sensitivity analysis.
- Assist with special requests from local management or from HO/HQ.
Accounts Payable Cover
- Ensure the Cost Accounting procedure is followed by department and company;
- Processing of all accounts payable invoices including vendor invoices and staff accounts;
- Liaison with Treasury to ensure invoices are paid within a timely manner;
- Management of company SpA account including on-charge of costs, maintenance of Job Order log and reconciliations;
- Support in performing SoX controls relating to Cost Accounting;
- Vendor maintenance in SAP.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5 to 7 years' experience in financial accounting/ reporting within the oil and gas industry;
- Degree in appropriate discipline, Chartered Accountant or CPA qualified;
- Requires good knowledge of technical aspects of oil and gas accounting and basic knowledge of US GAAP and International Accounting Standards.
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excel advanced skills (i.e. Vlookup, Pivot table)
- Logical approach to problem solving;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Team player;
- Able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
Due to the nature of the position, this is only open to Australian Permanent Residents with Full Working Rights.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 7,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.