Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Blender Operator to work in their facilities located in Freemont, CA on a 1 Year contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Accurately and neatly record data and follow batching process orders, giving them to the shift leader in a timely manner to ensure inventory accuracy
- Efficiently operate PLCs, recipe system, and equipment, adding raw materials at designated times and observing operating temperatures ensuring timely completion of quality batches per production schedule.
- Trouble shoot equipment and process difficulties, taking corrective action to prevent the loss of material or production time.
- Maintain housekeeping at excellent levels, keeping the mixers, floor, mixing deck and pigment pump area clean.
- Participate in cleaning pots in a timely manner following company procedures.
- Operate a forklift in a safe manner to eliminate inventory damage and accidents.
- Cross train and assist with packaging of finished goods when necessary.
- Maintain good attendance record and report to assigned job station in a timely manner.
- Follow all appropriate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
- Wears prescribed Personal Protective Equipment and ensures that prescribed safeguards are properly used.
- Notifies his/her supervisor before undertaking a work activity in which he/she is not adequately trained.
- Immediately reports unsafe acts or conditions to his/her supervisor and takes immediate interim steps to protect himself/herself and others from serious risk.
- Understands that Safety and Environmental responsibility is a major part of company’s Principles.
- Must report all unsafe conditions and accidents immediately to appropriate manager.
- Responsible for the safety of themselves and others.
- Must understand and follow all quality initiatives and processes, procedures and processes as they pertain to job responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Previous education & experience required:
- Must be able to read, understand and communicate in English to operate machines and interface with PLC control screens, read and complete process orders, complete safety tests.
- Must be able to solve simple math problems, +, -, x, /, to accurately record chemical additions, lot numbers, record scale readings.
- Must have mechanical ability to operate automated packaging equipment.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and machinery safely.
- Must have strength and flexibility to bend, push, pull, lift, and climb.
- Must be able to work without constant supervision.
- Must be able to think ahead and prepare for upcoming batches.
- High School diploma or equivalent