Airswift are currently working with a Market Leader in the Automotive industry, and are searching for a Battery Systems Engineer.
- You’ll be designing, engineering, integrating & delivering, from concept to production, Power Battery Systems (batteries with a focus on high power), ensuring that they fulfil all the programme requirements (cost, timing, performance / function / attributes).
- Ensure design solutions deliver systems that meet attribute targets such as NVH, thermal, durability, performance (power, emissions, and response).
- Ensure the ESS components interface seamlessly to the wider car including structural interfaces, electrical distribution system, cooling components & body panels.
- Works with Supply Chain Management to ensure delivery of the ESS on schedule for all phases of prototype, pilot, pre-production and production build.
- A high level of technical knowledge & experience of ESS design, test & production delivery
- Experience in Mechanical, Electrical and Thermal ESS design, packaging & release
- Experience in the behaviour and characterisation of electro-chemical cells
- Good CATIA V5 2D/3D skills with GD&T application experience
- Integration of ESS embedded systems such as Battery Management System (BMS)
- Detailed understanding of Li-Ion technologies, Ultra/Supercapacitor storage solutions, BMS, Functional Safety and High Voltage Switchgear design
- Experience in cell, module and pack testing to facilitate data gathering and analysis.