Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek an AWS Systems Expert to work within their office located in Houston, TX for an initial 12-month contract.
The individual will provide technical guidance and expertise in the performance of systems maintenance and implementation tasks. Installs and maintains all company standard server hardware and operating systems.
- 5+ years of information systems experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry, with a special emphasis on Server Administration.
- Extensive knowledge in cloud infrastructure with a special focus on AWS and Azure.
- Working knowledge of information technology, modern electronic data processing theory, and network applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Server and Personal Computer (PC) based hardware and software, including network operating systems, desktop operating system, and general office applications.
- Microsoft Office 365, Windows Servers, SQL, and Exchange Online, AWS EC2, AppStream, WorkSpaces.
- Strong knowledge on VMWare vCenter/ESX infrastructure.
- PowerShell Scripting proficiency.
- AWS Certifications highly preferred
Day to day responsibilities:
- Manages and supervises administration of Windows/Linux servers that are used for file and print sharing, e-mail, data base management, web services, and application servers.
- Manages and support AWS infrastructure with strong knowledge of EC2, S3, VPC setups and CloudFormation.
- Manages troubleshooting function to solve problems with system server hardware and software at desktop and server level.
- Optimize AWS EC2 instances by scaling up and down systems, schedule shutdowns and automatically upscale when needed.
- Strong knowledge AWS RDS, CloudWatch, Route53 and Lambda.
- Assists IT management in developing short and long-range plans of computing resources both on premises and cloud.
- Strong security knowledge for on premises and cloud.