Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas industry, is looking for an Aviation Safety Specialist to work in a long-term contract in Anchorage, AK.
The position with be based at the Anchorage Airport, with an expectation of 20% to 30% travel to the various aviation operations (Deadhorse, Kenai, Nakiski, remote projects, etc) for safety audits and training.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the safety management systems;
- Monitoring and advising on all operator safety activities that may have an impact on flight and ground safety;
- Establishing and managing the operator hazard identification and tracking system;
- Developing and maintaining a safety awareness program;
- Monitoring industry flight safety concerns which may have an impact on operations;
- Maintaining close liaison with aircraft manufacturers and industry safety associations;
- Developing and maintaining the operator emergency response plan, and ensuring it is properly coordinated with the emergency response plans of those organizations it must interface with during the provision of its services;
- Analyzing hazard reports and other identified safety concerns and making recommendations on appropriate mitigation;
- Investigating and reporting on incidents/accidents, working with functional managers in order to develop the appropriate mitigations, and making recommendations on modifications to the safety management system;
- Making recommendations to the operator’s senior management on matters pertaining to the safety management system;
- Undertaking safety assurance activities and conducting periodic evaluations of the safety management system and reporting the results to management;
- Monitoring the response and measuring the results of safety initiatives;
- Strong experience with Aviation Safety Management Systems (SMS) and ideally be a rated pilot with Helicopter experience.