Our major client in the Oil & Gas is looking for an Automation Technician lll to work on a 6-month contract in their facilities located in Kermit, TX.
- Responsible for the successful design and function testing of automation equipment to be deployed across Operations’ functional teams.
- Interfaces with the extended BU team – Operations & Maintenance, Discipline, Project and Production Engineering, Pipeline, Measurement and supporting the Optimization Team to develop the most appropriate application, engineering design, and support of automation.
- Develops automation solutions to enhance surveillance and optimization efforts.
- Provides technical and defect elimination support for the current automation fleet.
- Develops and implements automation strategies for plunger lift, rod pump, and compression well types.
- Provides support for programs in use by various functions for optimization and well site surveillance purposes (PLOT, XSPOC, etc.).
- Supports Artificial Lift and other functions (I&E, DE, etc.) as necessary with day-to-day tasks.
- Provides a forward-looking perspective to support development of an automation strategy considering the current state as well as any expected modifications that may be required.
- Develops and implements artificial lift and compression control strategies as needed through alternative programming and controller logic avenues.
- Develops solutions for automation equipment reaching end of life status.
- Oversees, monitors, witnesses, and checks out: SCADA installation, Hook-Up, Programming, acceptance checks of Contractor's installation of Capital Project scope of work.
- Provides Safety Leadership in the field, provides coordinated & support efforts for-to the construction I&E Supervisor/ I&E Lead/ Commissioning Lead.
- Experienced level, typically 5-7 years of experience.
- Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function.
- Performs varied and more complex tasks.
- Makes decisions within broad parameters
Schedule: 8 Days on - 6 Days Off (12Hrs/day)