Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Automation Reliability Engineer to work in their facilities located in Calgary, Alberta on a 12 months contract likely to be extended.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Pad and MOC Projects:
1. Provide FE Automation engineering support to Pad Project automation programming, testing and execution. Ensure project adherence to company's programming standards and processes.
2. Provide FE Automation engineering support and oversight to FET Project and MOC Projects to ensure design practices and standards relating to Independent Protection Layers (IPLs), Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), and High Integrity Protection Systems (HIPS) are adhered to. Support the development, management, and auditing of safety related automation systems within the business unit.
3. Coordinate/interface with FE Field Engineering, Maintenance and IT for resolution of data flow and systems integration from field to Calgary during testing, validation, startup and operation.
4. Provide automation design and programming support to Calgary FE Small Projects group. Scope, plan and coordinate programming and system integration aspects of MOCs. Interface and coordinate with Field Engineering and Maintenance on PLC, RTU program changes and Calgary Automation Engineering and IT for SCADA, PI and EC
5. Provide design direction to Canadian Business Unit (CBU) for implementation of online process analyzers and associated sampling systems
6. Evaluate Loss Production Opportunities (LPO) within the business unit for all automation and instrumentation related LPO events and make and implement MOCs to reduce the LPO impacts.
Operations, Maintenance and PCN IT Technical Support
1. Perform or support 2nd level changes to RTU/PLCs, SCADA, OSI PI Historian, OSI PI AF and Visualization systems.
2. Provide direction and support for visualization of Loss Production Opportunities (LPO) as related primarily to Automation systems and Instrumentation through the utilization of such tools as PI Vision and Microsoft Power BI
3. Ensure the ongoing integrity testing and surveillance of various automation safety systems utilized in CBU including all IPLs, HIPS, and Fire and Gas Detection Systems 4. Support the Integrated Operations Center and other Control Centers for Service Requests and coordinate with IT, Maintenance and Engineering as required.
Automation Engineering Projects and Base Business
1. Develop, oversee and execute automation projects and upgrades to improve safety, reliability and costs using Control System and/or OT solutions
2. Lead or support Base Business process including Alarm Management, Control Performance Monitoring and Bad Actor Resolution, and LPO resolution.
3. Provide and or coordinate training of Operators/Maintenance
4. Support Automation, Process Control and OT future state planning and development
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Electrical, Process Control, Instrumentation) or relevant degree/diploma.
- 10+ years of relevant upstream oil & gas engineering experience supporting operational facilities.
- 10 + years experience with the design, development and support of automation solutions using RTUs, PLCs, Safety Systems, SCADA Telecommunications, SCADA, Data Historians and Real-time analytical and visualization systems.
- TUV Functional Safety Engineer (FS. Eng.) or Exida Certified Functional Safety Engineer (CFSE) or ISA SIS Expert qualifications.
- Knowledge of I&C systems engineering design and development including Cause/Effect Matrix, Shutdown Keys, Narratives and System Function Design Basis as well as QA/QC and Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Experienced with the design and programming of Rockwell Control Logix platform and Schneider Electric SCADAPacks
- Experienced in reliability engineering analysis and safety integrity level analysis
- Familiarity with Exida exSILentia
- Programming such as SQL, VB/VBA, C/C++, Control languages including Ladder Logic and Function Block.
- Knowledge of Process Control System design, tuning and optimization; Alarm management programs per ISAS18.2; Safety Systems and Functional Safety programs per IEC61511.
- Understanding of OSI PI historian, PI AF analytics and real-time visualization tools such as OSI PI Vision.
- Ability to represent company's interests in a constructive and professional manner during interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Project development including Project Engineering and Project Management including team leadership, scope, schedule and cost control.
- Demonstrated ability to write standards and design specifications
- Strong written/verbal and presentation skills and team/inter-team work skills.
- Objective and structured thinker with strong aptitude towards developing processes and support systems.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.