Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Junior Automation Engineer to work within their facilities located in Calgary, AB for an initial 12-month contract with possibility to be extended.
Within this position you will be responsible for providing Automation discipline engineering knowledge and support the unconventional developments and operations. Alongside this, will deliver engineering design, development and assistance for Instrumentation, Control System, SCADA, and OT solutions.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Develop projects to improve safety, reliability, and costs
- Support management of change processes
- Provide engineering support to Maintenance I&C technicians
- Support well pad project design input, oversight, FAT, and integration
- Support Capital Projects, MOCs, documentation, design, processes, and standards
- Support Automation, Process Control and OT future state planning and development
Previous education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 1-5 years of relevant upstream oil & gas experience supporting operational facilities
- 1+ years’ experience with development and support of Automation using RTUs, PLCs, SCADA Telecommunications, SCADA systems
- Programming knowledge (SQL, VB/VBA, C/C++, Control languages including Ladder Logic and Function Block)
- Knowledge of I&C systems engineering design and development
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada