Lead Automation Engineer
Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Lead Automation Engineer to work in Houston, Texas, USA, for a long term (12-months contract, subject to extension).
- Development of the plan for management, control and reporting, providing corrective action alternatives for schedule and cost deviations within the Controls Systems and Automation scope;
- Development and updating of the Project Execution Plan with the Project Manager;
- Updating of the Basis of Design in co-responsibility with the Project Manager;
- Provide input to and monitor the master project schedule, as it relates to the Controls Systems and Automation scope – design, development, integration, construction, testing, commissioning, and start-up;
- Lead the project’s Automation Team, a cross-functional group of stakeholders in the automation system, including all members in the determination of scope requirements for the system.
- The Project Engineer - Automation shall represent the Project Team in oversight of the EPC Contractor’s development of the facility detailed design, as it relates to Instrumentation, Controls, and Automation, including:
- The Project Engineer - Automation is responsible for the development of the terminal automation technical scope, in alignment with the Project Manager, Internal Customer, and other stakeholders.
- The Project Engineer – Automation is responsible for the translation of the technical requirements defined above into bidding documents to assist the Contracts Manager and Project Manager in the development of Request for Bids from third parties to execute the automation scope.
- Upon award of the project to an Automation Contractor, the Project Engineer – Automation shall follow the development of the automation system through completion, including the pertinent updates to the Project Master Schedule, project cost tracking/forecasting, document controls, and other project controls functions.
- The Project Engineer – Automation shall participate in all design/development reviews including documentation of review findings, comments, and resolutions.
- The Project Engineer – Automation shall participate in all automation system FAT testing including reporting results, action identification, and mitigations.
- The Project Engineer – Automation shall participate in the field deployment of the automation systems in DCS, including defined interfaces with Operations to assure seamless upload of the programming without negative impacts to Operations. Note: this task shall be a PERMITTED activity to assure that Operations functions are appropriately aware of the event.
- The Project Engineer – Automation shall direct and participate in Loop Testing of the new control system, including documentation of results, action identification, and mitigations. With Operations and the Internal Customer, the Project Engineer – Automation shall develop and execute sign-off of a certificate of completion and acceptance of the loop checks.
- The Project Engineer – Automation shall work with the Commissioning Manager to develop the Commissioning Plan, as it relates to the Instrumentation, Controls Systems, and Automation of the new facility systems.
- The Project Engineer – Automation shall participate in the Commissioning and Start-up of the new systems.
- Strong capabilities in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in either Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in the design and deployment of DCS process control and automation systems within liquids terminal or in chemical processing/refining industries.
- Experience demonstrating understanding of storage terminal operations.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to lead cross-functional teams and to develop work products within a team environment
- Licensed as Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
- Experience in the programming, trouble-shooting, and operation of Delta V DCS systems.
- Experience in the development and operations of Terminal Automation Systems in the liquids terminals business.