Our major client, an upstream operator, is seeking an Automation Commissioning Technician, to work within their facilities located in Whitecourt, AB for a 6-month assignment.
The role will function as part of a broader collaborative multi-department Automation, Control and Operational Technology (ACOT) team made up of personnel in Engineering, Maintenance and IT. The primary role and responsibility for this position is to provide field level automation discipline engineering expertise and coordination to CBU's unconventional developments and operations. This position will deliver engineering design, development and support for control and Operational Technology solutions to improve and sustain Safety, Reliability and Costs.
- Pad Projects/MOC Projects
- Provide Automation support to Pad Project automation construction, commissioning, testing and start-up.
- Participate in automation Project and MOC testing including Factory Acceptance Tests, Hardware Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance Tests.
- Document and red line automation and instrumentation programs and equipment documentation as part of the commissioning process. Participate in the closeout of punchlists and as-building of drawings
- Coordinate/interface with Calgary Automation Engineering and IT for resolution of data flow and systems integration from field to Calgary during testing, validation, startup and operation
- Commission field automation instrumentation and controls systems for MOCs. Interface and coordinate with Field Maintenance on PLC, RTU program changes and Calgary Automation Engineering and IT for SCADA, PI and EC
- Interface with Calgary FE MOC group for field engineering support in executing changes with Field Maintenance and Calgary Automation and IT groups
- Field Automation Engineering & PCN IT Technical Support
- Assist Maintenance with level 1 / 2 response and support for local servers, computers, network and communications interfacing with Calgary Automation, PCN IT and other IT personnel
- Provide 1st level support for Integrated Operations Center and other Control Centers for Service Requests and coordinate with Calgary IT and Automation Engineering
- Support Calgary Automation Engineering to plan and coordinate work with Field for MOCs, Automation Changes, Projects and Continuous Improvements
- Support maintenance for regular schedule work such as but not limited to Regulatory Shutdown verifications.
- Automation Engineering Projects
- Provide field coordination and technical support of Automation/SCADA project execution, commissioning and handover to Operations and Maintenance
- Coordinate conversion of Pad SCADA control systems testing and cutover with Operations and Maintenance including acceptance testing and field closeout
- Integrate new automation equipment and code into existing well pads per the requirements of FET projects or F&O MOC’s.
- Provide and or coordinate training of Operators/Maintenance on Automation/SCADA projects and new instrumentation.
- Instrumentation Journeyman or Electrician Qualifications (or equivalent experience)
- 5 + years of relevant upstream oil & gas experience supporting operational facilities
- 5+ years’ experience with development and support of Automation using RTUs, PLCs, SCADA Telecommunications, SCADA systems
- Knowledge of Wonderware and Clear SCADA
- Ability to work within a highly engaged commissioning and startup team that coordinates work and interfaces with many stakeholders in multiple locations
- Experience with Project automation commissioning, loop checks, start-up and handover
- Demonstrated commitment to behavioral based safety programs and ensuring incident and injury free working conditions.
- Project development including Project Engineering and Project Management including team leadership, scope, schedule and cost control
- Strong written/verbal and presentation skills and team/inter-team work skills
- Objective and structured thinker with strong aptitude towards developing processes and support systems
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada