Our client, a leading Chemical company, is seeking an Associate Scientist (Molecular Biology & Expression Technology) to work within their facilities in San Diego, CA for a 1-year contract.
· Support the advancement of the enzyme expression platform and testing hypotheses.
· Support molecular biology project work related to gene cloning, gene modification, protein expression optimization, strain optimization and associated microbiological support for novel enzyme products.
· Coordinate technical activities with minimal supervision.
· Summarize, analyze and interpret moderately complex analytical data.
· Assist in the execution of molecular and microbiology experiments, such as cloning, transformations, strain construction, and lab-scale expression/cultivation.
· Maintain timely documentation of laboratory work, evaluation of data, and present scientific results.
· Education Chemical, Biological Engineering, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Cellular Biology or a related discipline along with progressive experience as a scientific researcher, with proven ability to adapt to new techniques technologies.
· Experience in lab-scale biotechnology, including use of common lab equipment for molecular biology and biochemistry, automated liquid handlers, and robotics systems.
· Experience with standard molecular biology techniques and DNA/RNA manipulation/ recombinant DNA techniques.
· Experience with PCR, protein gel electrophoresis and other standard molecular biology techniques.
· Experience with small scale (96-well) protein expression, enzymatic assays and DNA/RNA manipulation including extraction/quantitation.
· Experience with protein expression and production in bacterial, yeast, or fungal systems