Assistant Manager, Secretarial
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contract: 2-year renewable (direct contract with Client)
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Salary / Package: Monthly salary in MYR
General Day-to-Day Life in the Office of Secretarial Department
- Assist in preparing and managing correspondences to/from Directors, Management, Business Units, and other relevant parties with the highest confidentiality.
- Assist in maintaining yearly Board of Directors and Departments' meeting schedules.
- Deputy to the Head of Department on liaising between Board and Management for Secretarial Division or other relevant parties/department/division.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Board and Management to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day affairs between the Board, Management, and the relevant parties.
- Assist in providing Corporate Governance support to the Board of Worldwide Holdings Berhad and its Group for Companies.
- Assist in arranging training to be attended by Directors of Worldwide Holdings Berhad and its Group for Companies as part of the requirement under the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance ("MCCG").
- Supervising the updates/record updating and keeping records of training attended by the Board.
- Ensure timely update of the statutory register on changes in shareholders, directors, managers, secretaries, etc.
- Assist in ensuring regulatory compliance by maintaining statutory records of the companies and directors, ensuring timely lodgement of statutory documents to the Companies Commission of Malaysia.
Board/ Board Committees/ Management Committees Meetings
- Assist in overseeing the smooth arrangement for relevant Board, Board Committees and Management Committees meetings of Worldwide Holdings Berhad and its Group (logistics, notice, agenda, etc.)
- Assist in preparing the following Board, Board Committees and Management Committees minutes and matters arising.
- Draft circular resolutions and follow up with respective departments on the comments on the draft circular resolutions and amend/finalize upon review of the Head of Department.
- Attend to request for circular resolutions, extracts of minutes and certified documents.
- Assist in preparing papers and updates for Board, Board Committees, and Management Committee meetings.
- Assist to ensure smooth preparation of pre-Board/Management meeting including uploading of proposal papers into Convene system for Board and/or Management meeting.
- Assist to finalize and distribute urgent and confirmed extracts of minutes to respective Division/Department/Unit.
- Assist in special secretariat assignments which involve review on Board/Board Committee/Management Committee Composition, Board Remuneration Structure and Corporate Governance, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of documents for in due diligence process/audit review.
- Assist in the internal Board Effectiveness Evaluation exercise (preparing questionnaire, analysis of feedback/results, preparing report and presentation to the Remuneration Nomination Board Committee)
- Assist in maintaining and preparing updates for Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance 2017 compliance.
- Assist in organizing Board/Management strategic retreats/offsite meetings.
- Assist in updating Board Policy Manual, Board Charter, Terms of Reference, and other policies relating to the Board/Board Committees/Management Committees.
- Able to handle all corporate secretarial jobs of private companies from incorporation to liquidation.
- 7 to years of experience in the Corporate Secretarial field.
- A professional certificate - ICSA qualified, Associate or Fellow/MAICSA with at least working experience in a conglomerate business.
- Strong knowledge in Companies Act 2016 and the Malaysian Code of Corporate Governance.
- Candidates with buy and share or trading experience or background will be an added advantage.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as work in a team. Have good written and verbal English and Bahasa Malaysia communication skills.
- Result-oriented, committed, and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong sense of responsibility, good communication skills and a team player.
- Strong project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple assignments at one time.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.