We are working with a client to source an Assistant Bridge Engineer based in Brisbane, QLD.
This is 2 years contract role with the potential to extend.
Please see the details below:
Title: Assistant Bridge Engineer
Duration: 2 years contract (potential to extend depends on performance)
Location: Kangaroo Point, Brisbane, QLD
The primary purpose of this role is to undertake projects with limited supervision, with the Structures area of the Construction Branch, Field Services Group. The role will also lead and coordinate projects of moderate complexity as well as provide guidance to Cadets and Graduate Engineers.
- Lead and role model customer focus behaviour by encouraging innovation and knowledge sharing.
- Work in partnership with your team leader to agreed performance standards and mutual expectations. Give and receive regular feedback to enable performance to be improved and take personal responsibility for optimising your potential within the company.
- Assist in the management and delivery of projects, as directed by managers, utilising appropriate technical expertise and management skills to ensure completion within agreed timeframes, cost and quality standards.
- Assist in the preparation of bids and proposals by provision of technical and other input.
- Undertake project management of projects of a moderate complexity.
- Be accountable for execution of assigned project tasks, meeting time, cost and quality objectives in accordance with contract conditions and directions of managers.
- Interpret and apply relevant legislation and guidelines to ensure work is completed according to legal obligations and consistent with Policies.
- Maintain an awareness of new technology, legislation, industry initiatives and clients’ strategic direction, and their application in order to maintain efficient and effective project delivery.
- Assist in the provision of professional and technical on-the-job advice to Cadets and Graduate Engineers to support their personal and professional development.
- Knowledge and experience in civil engineering in the fields of bridges and structures as well roads and drainage construction, and a capacity to provide advice on these in a client driven organisation
- a tertiary qualification in Engineering is required.