Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for an Asset Integrity Engineer to work on a 12 months contract (Renewable) contract in Houston,TX.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage the development of technical deliverables to ensure compliance with the asset integrity process while also supporting the maintenance process as defined in companies MSG and OPI’s.
- Maintain and improve the asset integrity KPI monitoring and reporting within the organization.
- Liaise with Facilities Engineering on brownfield and greenfield projects in the Gulf of Mexico to ensure asset integrity objectives are considered during the design phase.
- Support the execution of internal maintenance & asset integrity audits within the organization to support a continuous improvement process for the program.
- Support follow-up efforts to mitigate asset integrity & maintenance audit findings in a timely manner.
- Provide expertise and knowledge base to improve corrosion management on offshore facilities by proactive identification of corrosion/materials issues to improve reliability.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve a Corrosion Management Program and recommend mitigation techniques in terms of materials selection, coatings, cathodic protection, inhibitors, etc. when applicable.
- Organize, plan, and prioritize inspections based on risk-based inspection methods and develop inspection scopes of work compliant with SEMS regulations and appropriate API standards.
- Maintain and improve processes to review inspection data and perform a systematic analysis to evaluate mechanical integrity of the inspected items.
- Recommend run/repair/replace suggestions to management based on risk assessments and fitness for service evaluations. Perform required Regulatory reporting in line with 30 CFR 250.
- On an as-required basis, oversee execution of operational support projects and serve as a Company representative / technical liaison to 3rd party engineering or fabrication Contractors, or on offshore intervention vessels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Experience in planning, engineering, fabrication, maintenance and inspection of platforms, facilities and pipelines.
- Expert knowledge of regulatory, safety and design codes.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of corrosion engineering, corrosion test methods, and procedures for investigating corrosion problems.
- Ten years of experience closely related to the given functions and responsibilities within this document.
- Awareness of mechanical and process engineering along with corrosion monitoring and mitigation methods.
- Familiarity with API/ASME/AMPP code requirements and ability to recognize variances from standards and procedures to ensure compliance.
- A post-graduate qualification in a materials/corrosion related subject is preferred.