Area Manager – HV Power and Communications
Our client has an open-pit copper-gold mine located in Indonesia. They seek a Perth based Area Manager – HV Power and Communications to work as a part of the integrated Project Management Team. commencing in Perth, Western Australia, then transitioning to Indonesia
The Area Project Manager E&I, reporting to the Deputy Project Director, has full responsibility for the successful delivery of the scope of works associated with the HV Power Distribution, Site Wide Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Systems associated with the new project facilities inclusive of engineering, procurement, and construction of these facilities in accordance with the key project objectives
The project is the development of additional mineral processing capacity to more than double the existing production, this will include primary crushing station, overland conveyor, coarse ore stockpile and reclaim, milling with pebble crushing, flotation circuits and concentrate and tailings pipelines.
- Supporting the development of project execution plans and leading the implementation of define project areas to meet project objectives with respect to safety, quality, schedule, and cost.
- Interface with key stake holders within the project organization and operations organization.
- Management of engineering services providers, suppliers, and project contractors in accordance with contract requirements.
- Analyse and monitor project progress, trends and performance and proactively manage deviations with respect to scope, schedule and cost.
- Management of risk including identification and implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Provide leadership and interface coordination across project functions to ensure project goals and objectives are understood and delivered.
- Coaching and development of project team member.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
It is also desirable that you possess:
- 15+ years’ experience in Senior Project Manager within mining and metals and mega project delivery.
- Knowledge of copper processing facilities.
- Experience with managing Engineering Consultants, Vendors, and construction contractors.
- Ability to travel to project site as required to interface with site management team. Opportunity may also be provided for site-based position following the engineering and procurement phase of the project.
- Team leadership with strong communication skill.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver to schedule 7)
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Experienced in international locations with strong coaching skills to develop project team members.
- Meet requirements for Indonesian visa and work permits.
COVID Vaccine mandates apply for this role