Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek an Applications Engineer III to work within their facilities located in Billings, MT for an initial 8-month contract, likely to be extended. This is a part-time position (20 hours per week).
Within this position, you will be responsible for the development of technology to address business needs, and application of new or existing technology to advance the general interest.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Interact with key project and Manufacturing asset partners, competitors, joint ventures, NOCs, industry associations, academia, industry forums
- Interface with Senior Management, with emphasis on providing an understanding of technical and business risk.
- Authority in your field through influence in EM operating units, projects and external technical community
- Mentor technical professionals
- Identify new business opportunities through a combination of developing new technologies, adapting existing technologies in a new way, and application of existing technologies
Previous education and experience required:
- M.S. Degree in an Engineering discipline required
- 15+ years of Process Control experience as a Control / Applications Engineer in a manufacturing plant or engineering contractor firm
- Knowledge of refining and chemical process technologies
- Experience with Multivariable Predictive Control (e.g., AspenTech DMC, Honeywell RMPCT) and Real-time Optimizers (e.g., RoMeo, etc.)
- Strong applications/programming skills (Visual Basic, etc.)