Our client, a major Chemical company, is seeking for an Application Contract Associate to work in a 1 year contract position in Southfield, MI.
- Hands-on laboratory experience with automated and manual paint application equipment.
- Recording and reporting of data/results in an industrial or academic setting.
- Strong mechanical and/or electrical skills/aptitude. Need to be able to maintain and adjust mechanical, electrical and pneumatic equipment in a test lab environment.
- Familiarity with computers and demonstrated proficiency in Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Prepare automotive coatings test panels/parts using automated application equipment.
- Accurately perform equipment metrology/preventative maintenance and coatings tests.
- Appropriately prioritize work and maintain accurate records. - Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, assignments and work schedule.
- Proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Compliance to corporate and site safety policies and procedures.
- Will run experimental spray trials as assigned, uses scientific methods to log and process data.
- Be punctual / timely in personal attendance. Preferred Candidate - 1 to 3 years work experience is preferred. - Applicant pursuing a science or technical degree is desirable